Waiver of Salary
It’s Official: A Sensational Return to the German Bundesliga
He’s back! Niclas Füllkrug has signed with SV Werder Bremen, sealing his spectacular return to the German Bundesliga.
The 33-year-old forward arrived at the Weserstadion on Tuesday morning to undergo his medical exam. Füllkrug pulled up in a white BMW and waved briefly before disappearing inside the stadium.
Confirmation finally came in the afternoon: The forward is on loan from Premier League relegation side West Ham United. “We’re very happy that we were able to complete Niclas’s transfer. He knows the Bundesliga and is definitely an immediate boost for us,” said Bremen’s soccer director Peter Niemeyer.
“A Very Special Club”
The national team player will forgo a significant portion of his salary. “I’ve never made a secret of the fact that Werder is a very special club for me. That’s why I was also willing to make financial sacrifices to make the loan happen,” said Füllkrug.
Füllkrug previously played for Werder’s youth teams and returned from Hannover 96 in 2019. In 2023, as the Bundesliga’s top scorer, he transferred to Borussia Dortmund for an estimated transfer fee of 15 million euros; just one year later, he left BVB for West Ham.
Recently Loaned to MilanBut the striker’s career stalled at the London club, where he was repeatedly sidelined by injuries. During the winter break, he transferred to AC Milan to boost his chances of making the World Cup squad after a rather disappointing year and a half in England. In 20 appearances for Milan, however, he managed only one goal. As a result, he was not considered for the World Cup. Will things go better for him in Bremen now?
This article has been automatically translated,
read the original article here.








Willkommen in unserer Community! Eingehende Beiträge werden geprüft und anschließend veröffentlicht. Bitte achten Sie auf Einhaltung unserer Netiquette und AGB. Für ausführliche Diskussionen steht Ihnen ebenso das krone.at-Forum zur Verfügung. Hier können Sie das Community-Team via unserer Melde- und Abhilfestelle kontaktieren.
User-Beiträge geben nicht notwendigerweise die Meinung des Betreibers/der Redaktion bzw. von Krone Multimedia (KMM) wieder. In diesem Sinne distanziert sich die Redaktion/der Betreiber von den Inhalten in diesem Diskussionsforum. KMM behält sich insbesondere vor, gegen geltendes Recht verstoßende, den guten Sitten oder der Netiquette widersprechende bzw. dem Ansehen von KMM zuwiderlaufende Beiträge zu löschen, diesbezüglichen Schadenersatz gegenüber dem betreffenden User geltend zu machen, die Nutzer-Daten zu Zwecken der Rechtsverfolgung zu verwenden und strafrechtlich relevante Beiträge zur Anzeige zu bringen (siehe auch AGB). Hier können Sie das Community-Team via unserer Melde- und Abhilfestelle kontaktieren.